The annual Hershey/Hummelstown CROP Walk is just around the corner! This year the walk will be quite different. Here’s what you need to know:
- Decide if you will walk alone or with a small group. If walking with a group, please abide by local, state, and CDC guidelines.
- REGISTER ONLINE at crophungerwalk.org/hersheypa (Team: Derry Presbyterian)
- Encourage friends and family to support you. Donations can be made online by credit card. Checks can be made payable to CWS, notated Hershey/Hummelstown CROP Walk. Mail or drop off checks to Derry Church by Oct 31.
- Choose a date/time/distance to walk. Officially, the virtual walk is scheduled for Oct 25, however, you can walk any day prior to that date.
- Select a safe place to walk such as a park, your neighborhood, a walking trail, the church grounds, etc.
- If you have participated in previous CROP Walks, dig out your old t-shirt and wear it during your walk.
- Prior to beginning your walk, take a moment to pray for the vulnerable in our community, nation, and world.
- As you walk, take photos/videos and send them to Sue George for posting on Derry’s Facebook page.
- Questions? Contact Jane Robertson.
This year’s walk may be virtual, but the need is real. Please join Team Derry and help to end hunger.