Skip to Main Content
- It was the joy of the Session to approve the baptism of Christopher Damon and Tiffany Mittereder and their two children, Kennedy and Juliana and to receive Chris and Tiffany as new members. The Session also received and welcomed Virginia and Randolf Aires, Sharon Lapano, and Susan Diener as new members.
- Examined and welcomed newly elected Ruling Elders and Deacons in preparation for ordination/installation in January.
- Discussed whether the time is right to make masks optional at the 8 am Sunday service. With booster shots and vaccinations for children under way, the Session wants to monitor the impact that these additional vaccinations may have on Covid levels in our area. No action arose from the discussion, however, this item will be reviewed at the December meeting.
- To date pledges totaling $981,442 have been received, which is 76% of our proposed budget. Information is still being gathered in order to complete the budget. The proposed 2022 budget will be presented and voted upon at the December stated session meeting.
- The Session approved a motion to allow the Derry Brass to play in church without masks, as long as the musicians are vaccinated, using bell covers on the instruments and socially distancing.
- Fundraising and collection requests were approved as follows:
- Derry Discovery Days to sell Fox Meadow Creamery Gift Cards
- Mission & Peace requested that Friends of Sargodha be permitted to raise funds through the sale of greeting cards, Mark Smith ornaments, and the Shares for Scholarships program.
- Annual collections for the Giving Tree and Christmas Eve offering with the collection to be split between PC USA and Church World Services.
- Approved a modification to Derry’s Sabbatical policy to include the Director of Communications and Technology as an eligible participant in the program.