2022-23 Dates of Interest
- Sept 1 – Teacher meet & greet
- Sept 6/7 – First day of preschool classes
- Oct 10 – No classes: Columbus Day
- Nov 8 – No classes: Election Day
- Nov 10/11 – School Photos
- Nov 21-28 – No classes: Thanksgiving break
- Dec 22-Jan 2 – No classes: Christmas break
- Jan 16 – No classes: Martin Luther King Day
- Feb 20 – No classes: Presidents’ Day
- Feb 22 – Family Ash Wednesday service 9:15 am
- Mar 13 – No classes: Inservice Day
- Apr 5-10 – No classes: Holy Week/Easter
- May 16 – No classes: Election Day
- May 25 – Last day of school
Up to two in-service days to be determined
Weather-Related Delays & Cancellations
DDD follows Derry Township School District for weather-related delays and closings. When the school district has a 1- or 2-hour delay, DDD morning classes will be held 10am-12 pm, afternoon classes 1-3pm. When the school district dismisses early, DDD WILL NOT have afternoon classes
COMMUNICATION WITH PARENTS
- “Strengthen a parent…and you strengthen a child.” Mr. Rogers
- Open and informed communication is essential for your child’s successful development at Derry Discovery Days. We achieve this by informing parents about our routines and objectives.
- The staff is available to meet with parents after school hours. Appointments appreciated.
- Newsletters keep parents informed and updated on all events and activities.
- Parents are welcome to observe their child’s daily routine. Should parents have concerns regarding the health and safety of their child, please discuss these issues with the Discovery Days Interim Director, Laura Cox. The staff welcomes suggestions and ideas. We truly appreciate the parental support given to the program!
- Questions? Contact Laura Cox, Director