Skip to Main Content
- Approved the use of the church building for the following functions:
- Wedding of Alexandra de la Plante and Dallas Hamlin on June 19, 2021 at 1:00 pm, approximately 10 people attending.
- Use of Fellowship Hall for a birthday celebration for Marion Weaver on Saturday, November 27, 2021 from 11 am to 5 pm using staggered time slots.
- Approved the serving of communion at a children’s sacrament class to be held on May 23, 2021.
- Reviewed the Treasurer’s report for the year to date. Contributions are in line with the budget and 2020 giving. Expenses are also in line with the budget.
- After receiving the home inspection that revealed significant issues, the Session discussed the possible purchase of the 239 E. Derry Road property in depth and concluded that it is not in the best interest of the church to purchase this property, especially when taking into account how the investment of time, energy, and money would affect Derry’s other ministries and needs.
- The Session reviewed recommendations from the COVID Task Force and approved the following:
- Maintain the 60-person limit for worship services
- Move to Phase 2 in the regathering plan with in-person Sunday school returning in the fall
- Derry Brass can practice and record videos for worship services following safety protocols
- Hold outdoor worship services once a month in the summer starting at 7 pm on Tuesday, May 11.
- Approved hiring Laura Cox as the permanent director of Derry Discovery Days. Laura has been the Interim DDD Director this year and will assume her new role on August 1, 2021.
- The Building & Grounds Committee submitted a Capital Procurement Requisition to perform lighting upgrades throughout the church building. The upgrades will include replacement of emergency lighting and exit signs, upgrading the light quality in Fellowship Hall with more efficient LED fixtures and bulbs, and conversion from fluorescent to LED lighting in the church office, basement corridors and narthex. This proposal will be voted upon at the May stated meeting.