Skip to Main Content
- The Session participated in an exit interview with members of the Carlisle Presbytery following Pastor Marie’s retirement. The Presbytery regularly conducts these interviews following the departure of a pastor, which presents an opportunity to reflect on the ministry the pastor and congregation had together, its strengths and weaknesses.
- Use of the church building was approved for: a summer brass recital featuring Air National Guardsman, Tom Mahovsky on May 21 at 7 pm; an Eagle Scout Ceremony on June 6; the marriage of Matt Smoluk and Taylor Ross on October 8, 2022; and the Susquehanna Chorale’s 2023 spring concert.
- The baptism of Lydia Webber, daughter of Richard and Corinna Webber was approved for July 10, 2022.
- Approved hiring Kathy Yingst as church Administrative Assistant.
- The Treasurer reported that contributions continue to be ahead of budget expectations. Expenses are slightly above spending in 2021, driven mostly by an increase in mission support.
- With the impact of Covid remaining low, there was no change in Derry’s policy.
- Approved the request from the Building & Grounds Committee to repair and restore all remaining stained glass windows in need and to protect seven basement windows along the back of the church with safety glass. The approximate cost for the project is $40,230 with funding coming from Derry’s Stained Glass Window Restricted Fund.
- With the arrival of the new church van, the Building & Grounds Committee will be reviewing Derry’s van usage policy and making recommendations for its revision and implementation.
- There will be a Called Session meeting on May 22 to receive new members and Derry youth who are enrolled in the current Confirmation Class.
- Approved a request from Derry Discovery Days to hire Jennifer Harman and Vickie Bender.