Skip to Main Content
- The Session joyfully approved the following children for baptism on September 18: Charlotte Anele and Hazel Ruth Hempel, twin daughters of Tyler & Eliana Hempel and Nolan Michael Farbaniec, son of Michael & Rebecca Farbaniec.
- Updated Derry’s active membership roll.
- Approved the following building use requests:
o Continued Capital Area Intermediate Unit’s program to offer speech therapy classes in coordination with Derry Discovery Days
o Use of fellowship hall for two children’s birthday parties on August 20 and September 17
o Use of fellowship hall for a “Zumba thon” to benefit Four Diamonds Fund on September 24 from 10-2 as requested by Carly Wilfong
o Use of the Chapel for the wedding of Melissa Barlow and Ralph Fertrow on Saturday, October 1
o Susquehanna Chorale’s request to use the sanctuary for their spring concert rehearsal on May 1, 2023 (the spring concert on May 12, 2023 was previously approved).
- Reviewed and approved revisions to Derry’s Safe Children Policy.
- Rally Day, which traditionally marks the start of a new church school year, is September 18.
- Called two congregational meetings:
o October 2 for election of church officers, and
o December 11 to act on Pastors’ Terms of Call (this item moved from the Annual Meeting to facilitate payroll record keeping)
- Scheduled a fall session retreat for Wednesday, September 21 from 6-9 pm.
- Approved the hiring of four Derry Discovery Days employees: Jennifer Harman-LadybugLead Teacher, Laura Mills-Ladybug Aide, Kate Kucharski-Turtle Aide, and Susan Stanton-Butterfly Aide.
- Approved George Porter, Duncan Campbell, and Greg Taylor as new signatories for Derry’s Vanguard investment account.
- Hope Within will be the recipient of the Peace and Global Witness offering.
- The Membership & Involvement committee will be coordinating upcoming Post Worship Fellowship gatherings.