Skip to Main Content
- Reviewed and received the annual Statistical Report prepared for PCUSA.
- Approved a transfer of membership for Alan Brechbill and Carol Schneidereit to Palms Presbyterian Church, Jacksonville Beach, Florida due to their relocation.
- Approved the baptism of Aiden Paul Matthews, child of Sara and Bruce Matthews, on March 13, 2022.
- The Treasurer reported that contributions and expenses are currently in line with budget expectations.
- Tim Mosher presented an update on Covid infections in our area, which indicated a downward trend in the local test positivity and infection rates.
- After reviewing the recommendations of Derry’s Covid Task Force, the session approved the following motions:
- Starting March 6, masks will be optional for the 8:00 am Chapel service
- Starting March 27, masks will be optional for food gatherings in Fellowship Hall. Participants are encouraged to continue to wear masks when not eating.
The Task Force will meet again in March and may have more recommendations at that time.
- The session approved moving forward with the proposed upgrades to Derry’s exterior signage. The approximate cost for the new signs is $36,000 with funding coming from Derry’s Capital Facilities Restricted Fund.
- The Building & Grounds Committee submitted a Capital Procurement Requisition to obtain architectural specifications for: safety upgrades to the interior Chapel bell tower, a new stairway between the rear parking lot and the lower Mansion Road building entrance, and gutter and downspout repairs to direct roof runoff away from the building. The approximate cost for the specifications is $12,000 with funding coming from Derry’s Capital Facilities Restricted Fund. This proposal will be reviewed by Derry’s committees and voted upon at the Session’s March meeting.
- Approved the annual March Mission Madness with proceeds to go toward Presbyterian Education Board scholarships in Pakistan.
- Approved a request from Claire Folts to work with children in the church to complete a project for her Master’s Degree on Tuesdays after KIC Club. The sessions will be voluntary for children in 2nd grade and up who would be in the church building with parental permission. The project focuses on developing elementary students multi-cultural sensitivity through music education.
- Approved a May 15, 2022 Scout fundraising luncheon to begin after the 10:30 am worship service, with eat in and carry out options utilizing the kitchen and Fellowship Hall.
- Received the following new members: Jim & Bethany Cunningham, John & Barbara Lefko, Taylor Ross, Deanna Santos, Chris & Amy Yengo.