Sign up in the Narthex on Sundays or click here to join the Derry Church walkers or to make a donation
The 38th Annual Hershey/Hummelstown CROP Hunger Walk is right around the corner! On Sunday, Oct 22 churches from the Hershey/Hummelstown area will once again join Church World Service to raise funds to end hunger around the world and here at home. 25% of the funds raised stay here to support local food banks and feeding programs.
During the pandemic fundraising lagged, but the number of hungry people continued to grow. The Hershey/Hummelstown CROP Hunger Walk planning team hopes to get back on track this year by increasing the number of walkers and donations. Our community goal is $10,000. We can meet that goal with your help:
- Mark your calendar and join the Walk on Sunday, October 22 at 2 pm on the Milton Hershey School grounds.
- Invite family, friends, and leashed pets to join you.
- Request donations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Register for the walk online or at the registration table in the Narthex between services and after the 10:30 am service. Registration and donations will also be accepted at the CROP Walk. Look for the registration table near the start line.
- Make a donation: you can give online or make checks payable to Derry Church, notated CROP Hunger Walk 2023.
- Contact Marilyn Koch, Carl Rohr, or Jane Robertson if you have questions.
Please support the Walk in any way you are able. It’s easy, it’s fun, and it does a whole lot of good!