Skip to Main Content
- Approved baptisms for Nyla Gawron, daughter of members Elizabeth & Luke Gawron, Nathaniel and Neil Boyd sons of members Kevin & Tessa Boyd, and Charlotte Lupole daughter of members Charles & Rebecca Lupole.
- Reviewed the Treasurer’s report, both income and expenses are below budgeted projections.
- The theme of this year’s Stewardship campaign is “Invest in Hope.” It kicks off on Oct 1 with a letter to the congregation and will conclude on Nov 8 with our pledge dedication and a “Music at the Movies” online celebration. Committees are preparing budgets for 2021 with cutbacks in spending where appropriate to compensate for an uncertain economic outlook.
- The COVID-19 Task Force submitted its recommendations for a plan that will allow for the phase-in of in-person gatherings at the church. After much discussion, the Session approved the following schedule:Sunday School starting Oct 4 offering three classes from 9-9:45: adult Issues (max of 25 people in room 7), children’s class (max of 20 in Fellowship Hall), and youth (max of 12 in Youth room).
- 8:00 am Chapel worship starting Oct 11: 30 minutes with a max of 25; no singing, some responses & organ music.
- Tuesday evening worship: current outdoor services will continue as long as weather & daylight allow; beginning Oct 27 the service moves indoors to the Sanctuary with a maximum of 60 people.
- Details of this information will be communicated several ways: a video from Elder David Han will air following the Sept 20 worship service, a letter via email and USPS on Monday, Sept 21, and in this eNews. Registration is required for all gatherings and those attending must wear masks and follow Derry’s COVID-19 guidelines.
- The Elders reviewed and after discussion affirmed the decision made at the August session meeting to permit a staged re-opening of Derry Discovery Days based upon the “COVID-19 Plan and Procedures” prepared by the DDD Board.
- Approved several fundraisers for Derry Discovery Days including reaching out to Chipotle and Duck Donuts for contributions from meal purchases and a Usborne card fundraiser.